Hockey Edmonton Manager's Manual, Gamesheet Uploading, Permits
Hockey Edmonton Manager Information
Hockey Edmonton has created a Manager's manual to assist managers with information about:
- how to use RAMP
- gamesheet uploading
- requesting game changes
- requesting permits for tournaments
Gamesheets are entered by the home team. All goals, penalties and final score must be entered, along with a PDF (scanned copy) of the gamesheet. Gamesheets must be entered within 48 hours of the end of a game. Failure to submit the gamesheet may result in suspensions being levied to the head coach.
Gamesheets should be completed correctly. Please refer to this sample gamesheet for information. If helpful, print a copy of the gamesheet for your team's timekeepers and scorekeepers.
Permits are required for all teams whenever participating in a tournament. Details on how to request a permit are in the manager's manual. Please ensure you are submitting these requests with as much advance notice as possible.
If your team has regular season games scheduled the weekend of a tournament, all games must be rescheduled before you apply for the permit to attend the tournament.
Exhibition games also require a permit. One team only needs to apply for this permit - the team that is the home team would take on this task.
Game Change Requests
Game change requests can be challenging at times. Please reach out to your category director if you need assistance with this process. To reschedule a game, the below must be considered:
- the easiest option is to swap games, and this is the first approach you should take. All teams involved in a swap must agree to the swap before submitting the game change request.
- it is easiest to find a game where you can swap out one team with another. But if you are not able to do that, you can also swap a whole game with two other teams if all teams agree to this
- note that if you are swapping games, that you need to ensure you are swapping with teams that have the same ice lengths as you. Example, U18A should attempt to swap with other U18A teams as their ice times are 2.25 hours instead of 1.5 hours in length
- if game swaps are not possible, the team requesting the game swap is responsible to find a new ice slot to reschedule the original game. You should opt to find three options to present to the other team. The other team needs to agree to the rescheduled ice slot.
- the team requesting the game change will pay for this ice
- the original game slot must still be used. Ideally, the other team will be able to use this ice as an exhibition game, as referees are already scheduled. The team requesting the change will pay for the referees for this ice slot, and assist the other team in finding an opponent for an exhibition game (note, exhibition games do require a permit)
- if an opponent cannot be found for an exhibition game, the ice can be used as a practice. Expect to still pay the referees if there is not enough time to have the referees cancelled.
All game change requests must be submitted in RAMP. Please refer to the Manager's manual for information on how to do this. If you are unsure, always check in with your category director.
Updated April 28, 2022